NZQA Information for Students and Their Families
Students enter the secondary school via:
1 The School Intermediate Department; Year 8 to 9
2 Mainstream schools from Year 9 onwards.
Students enter the Transition department programme via the School secondary satellite units or from mainstream schools through out New Zealand. Refer to “Enrolment into the school”.
Secondary and Transition Students
Courses are planned to meet the needs of individuals and/or groups of students and may change from year to year according to those needs. Annual IEP meetings are held each year to confirm goals for each student.
During IEP meetings and class discussions the following information in regard to NZQA programmes of study is communicated.
The learning programme for the year:
· NCEA subjects available in partner secondary schools
· Unit standards taught internally through KDEC class programmes
· Unit standards assessed through other providers: Unitec, MIT, Adventure works and so on
· Explanation of the credit system
· Development of a record of learning
· Fees and expenses
· Opportunities for further study post Transition
· Programmes are approved by the Board of Trustees and reviewed annually and monitored by the Deputy Head of School Year 1 - 15