• We are committed to working with the Kelston Deaf Education Centre school programmes to ensure that your child meets their educational goals and develops to their full potential.
• Totara Village and School Staff meet on a regular basis to develop plans for individual students, to coordinate activities and to resolve any conflicts or problems that have arisen.
• Parents need to attend IEP (Individual Education Plan) meetings (Term 1 for Secondary students and Terms 1 & 3 for Intermediate students). These meetings involve your child, yourselves, the village staff and teachers to discuss your child's academic and social goals.
• Additionally, at any time, you can arrange meetings with school teachers directly or through your child's Residential Social Worker.
• Totara Village represents the Deaf community and culture for students. It is incorporated naturally in the village's day to day life.
• In addition, we take every opportunity to introduce students to appropriate Deaf community organisations, events and individuals.
• You will be kept informed about the schedule of events and are invited to participate whenever possible.