What do we do?
ASSIST Specialist teachers give support and guidance to children with significant hearing loss, their families and schools. We co-ordinate services, provide information, assess and monitor educational progress and audiological needs. This is an ongoing service which is provided until the child leaves school.
Who do we help?
* Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
What services can we provide?
* School assessments & progress
Language Hearing Assistive Equipment
* Hearing aids
* FM systems
* Audiology / Ear Nose Throat Specialist
* Resource Teacher of the Deaf
* Other services
Advice & Guidance
* School - SENCo; Class teacher; teacher aide
* Family Where do we provide these services?
* Audiology Clinics
We liaise with:
* Deaf Education Centres
* Resource Teachers of Deaf (RTDs)
* Ministry of Education Advisors on Deaf Children (AoDCs)
* Resource Teachers Learning and Behaviour (RTLBs)
* Other Ministry of Education specialist support - Occupational therapists; Physiotherapists; Speech-Language Therapists; Psychologists
* ENT/ORL specialists
* Parent Support Groups
* NZSL tutors
* Cochlear Implant Specialists
* NZ Federation of Deaf Children
* Public Health Nurses
* Other relevant agencies
For further information please contact [email protected]
Please download forms and save to your computer before typing.
Once the form has been saved, open it from your computer then enter your information.